Please read BEFORE you complete the self-referral form below.
If you have already contacted us regarding self-referral, please do not submit another request.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy involves the assessment and treatment of muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, joints, nerves and other structures in order to:
- improve your movement and strength
- help you to do more of your normal activities
- help you to understand and manage your condition.
After discussing your specific goals, treatment is likely to include a prescribed exercise program aimed at improving function.
MSK Physiotherapy may not help if you:
- have had physiotherapy treatment for the same condition within the past 6 months.
- are referring yourself for widespread (global) pain.
- are currently under the care of another Physiotherapist or consultant who is currently working with you.
We are unable to accept a self referral if:
- you are not registered with a GP within the pilot scheme.
- you are under the age of 16.
- you require a home visit. Please ask your GP to refer you to Domiciliary Physiotherapy Services.
- your main symptoms are related to an underlying diagnosed neurological condition (MS, Stroke, Parkinsons etc)
Please complete the self-referral form and IF YOU QUALIFY we will add your referral to the waiting list within 2 days. You will then be contacted within 2 working days to book your first appointment.
IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY – this form will NOT be completed or sent to us. The reason that you have not qualified will pop up on the relevant question in the form. Please record this reason if you wish to correspond with us or your GP.
- we do not send out letters acknowledging that we have received your referral.
If we fail to make contact with you, we will send a text message and a letter asking you to contact us to arrange your first appointment. If you fail to contact us within 2 working days of receiving the message your referral will be closed.