As a patient with Novus Health, we want to be there for you every step of the way. This is why we’ve created the Hear for Life community.
We want to assist you in making the most of your hearing solution so that you can hear better and live better. As a Novus patient, you are part of our community, and through Hear for Life, you will receive helpful advice and resources to assist you on your journey to better hearing health.
What is Hear for life?
Launched in March 2023, this community is how Novus Health will continue to support you. Helping you adapt to your hearing aids as your brain learns to process sounds again.
We aim to understand what you may need from us at different times and share our knowledge and expertise with you online and in person at community-focused events.
Above all else, we want you to know that you aren’t going through this life-changing event alone. Our team and patients are on this journey together, a shared experience that is the Hear for Life community.
Why are we doing this?
To improve the health and wellbeing of our community, together.
Novus Health is more than just a hearing aid provider. We are a community dedicated to improving hearing health in the Wakefield District and for our patients in North Kirklees. With support from our team of audiologists and fellow patients, you won’t have to navigate your journey to better hearing alone. We are committed to delivering accessible and impactful healthcare and making a difference in the place we live and work. As the leading provider of adult hearing loss solutions and aftercare in Wakefield, we are devoted to helping our community hear better and live better.
Regain confidence in your hearing
Our ultimate goal is to empower you to take control of your hearing and live your life to the fullest. By gaining confidence in your hearing, especially in the areas of your life most important to you, you will feel ready to embrace this new world of sound. Our approach to hearing rehabilitation, centred around personalised care, comprehensive support, and expert education, is designed to give you the confidence and empowerment you need to live a better life.
Expert care and education
We believe that education is key to unlocking your hearing potential. From the first time you meet with your audiologist, we’ll clearly explain your hearing loss and our recommended solution to achieve maximum improvement long term. Your hearing will rehabilitate as your brain adapts to hearing again. By prioritising education in your aftercare, we can ensure that the rehabilitation process is as enriching and effective as possible. We want to help you improve your hearing to its full potential and make the journey to better hearing a rewarding and positive experience.
What to Expect from your Hear for Life Community
- Outstanding aftercare.
- Easy access to repairs, replacement batteries and consumables.
- ‘How to’ videos to master the use of your hearing aids and accessories
- Lifestyle tips from our experienced audiologists
- Monthly email communication from Novus Health with helpful advice and resources
- Novus Health will increase its presence in the community so we can make a difference in the place we live and work.
- Dedicated Health and Wellbeing Hubs in Wakefield City Centre, Normanton, and soon Pontefract Market Place (opening June 2023)
- Support groups in our Novus Health Hubs, GP Practices and Health Centres
- Providing our patients in care homes with ReSound TV Streamers for their communal areas
- Local hearing health awareness campaigns
- Collaborating with local businesses so that together we can do more for people in our district living with hearing loss
- Partnering with the Wakefield Deaf Society to enable more people to access help and support with their hearing health.
If you’re not a patient with Novus Health but would like to speak to an Audiologist about your hearing, please ask your GP to refer you for an appointment.
Learn more about how to Access Our Services.