We are an independent organisation set up in 2007 by the majority of practices in Wakefield and 5-towns district. We provide health care in innovative ways with an aim of improving quality of care, waiting times and simplicity of use for patients.
We are run by a board of local GPs and GP practice managers. The shareholders who set up Novus Healthcare are all local NHS employees, both GPs and Hospital Specialists. Novus Health delivers quality local healthcare services in partnership with the NHS and only provide our services to NHS patients. However, we are not owned by the NHS.
We put patients first, with a firm focus on competent, professional clinical staff, who deliver personalised healthcare which is compassionate and responsive. We work in partnership with patients, their families, commissioners and other healthcare providers to deliver services in appropriate environments, in the most convenient locations.
All our staff and clinicians are empowered and promote the core values of Novus Health:
- Working together for patients
- Treating staff and patients with respect and dignity
- Striving for excellence whilst maintaining our commitment to quality of care
- Treating patients with compassion
- Safeguarding the most vulnerable
- Improving lives
- Getting it right, first time and every time
- Making it personal
- Putting in the extra effort to succeed
- Treating your healthcare seriously