As the end of October draws near, many are gearing up for a fun night full of sweets, costumes, spooky decorations and parties. However, if you’re using hearing aids, here are some extra steps to keep in mind before heading out.
Here are five tips to make Halloween fun and safe for those with hearing aids;
- Check your Batteries – Make sure the batteries are fresh and charged. It’s also a good idea to bring along a few extra batteries, just in case, to ensure your hearing aids work all night long!
- Prepare for the weather – Temperatures can fluctuate wildly, so you’ll want to make sure your hearing aids are properly cleaned and dried before heading out. In addition, be sure to check the weather forecast for rain. Rain can damage even the best hearing aids, so if it’s in the forecast, bring an umbrella with you!
- Use face paint instead of a mask – If your costume involves a hat or mask, you might want to try painting your face to match your costume instead. You can still look festive and have fun with your makeup, but you won’t have to worry about your hearing aid getting in the way. Make sure to clean it at the end of the night.
- Be mindful of your surroundings – When you’re out trick-or-treating, background noise may quickly become an issue. Party music, screaming children, and honking cars can all make it difficult to hear clearly. Luckily, our hearing aids use background noise reduction technology. This can help filter out some of the background noise, making it easier to focus on the person in front of you, which brings us to our final tip below.
- Utilize the BeMore App – Use the App to adjust the sound without actually drawing attention to your hearing aids. You can adjust noise reduction, speech focus and wind noise reduction and many more.
If you’re not already using the BeMore app, you can learn more and download it here.